Re: Passing argument from plus33.

From: <screwbai_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 15:22:17 GMT

Thanks for your reply. When I put &1 into to the sql file. I get prompted for the value. It doesn't seem to be able to pick it up the argument from the command line. I am obviously doing something wrong?

In article <37D920FB.AEBEAD0_at_fmr.com>,
  Karen Abgarian <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com> wrote:
> Use &1 inside a SQL script. This in fact is a special kind of
SQLPlus's
> substitution
> variable.
>
> Regards,
> Karen Abgarian.
>
> screwbai_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > I am running test.sql. I want it to spool the output to the directoy
> > that I have as argument 1 in the pluss33 line. However it is unable
> > pick up the $1 variable inside the test.sql. Is it possible. What do
> > have to do. Thanks.
> >
> > plus33 -S login/passwd_at_dbs @test.sql E:/prod
> > ^
> > |
> > test.sql: |

> > SPOOL $1/run_qabatch.sh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Sep 11 1999 - 10:22:17 CDT