Tuning recommendations

From: In2Home User <user_at_forlano.in2home.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 14:09:30 +0100

I realize that the tuning of and Oracle system takes months to perfect, but I'm just looking for some initial recommendations to get me started. I've specified the details of my system below.

transactions = lots of reads and writes (OLTP) database size = ~1GB
number of concurrent users = 30
oracle version = 8.0.5
server = UltraSparcI-333MHz
os = Solaris 2.5
RAM = 1GB Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,

Chris Received on Sat Sep 11 1999 - 08:09:30 CDT