Oracle Assistance - Listener cannot catch the suitable IP address on Oracle-Vinca-NT servers

From: T. Oczkoś <tomasz.oczkos_at_iname.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:00:59 GMT

I have an installation of Oracle 7.3.4 with database running on two (named alfa and beta) NT 4 servers with Vinca co-standby installed. I assigned one virtual IP address (Vinca and alfa)and 2 static ones (both alfa and beta). The problem is that the Oracle listener takes the first one from alfa (128.168.128.3).
I would like listener to take the virtual one (192.168.128.1). Presently ping can see three addresses (alfa 192.168.128.1 and .3, and beta .3). When try to ping name alfa or beta I get the feedback. Then again, when I ping alfa with tnsping I get the feedbback, but from beta not. Server IP resolving bases on LMHOSTS.

I would appreciate any feedback, that would make my problem resolved.

Thanks in advance for any replys

Tomasz Oczkoś
PTE H-M-C Received on Sat Sep 11 1999 - 08:00:59 CDT