Re: Best way to copy tables from one Oracle server to another on scheduled basis.

From: Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:08:53 +0100

You may be able to use Oracle's snapshot/symmetric replication technology.

You can trigger off any timed action (such as John Chiu's example below) by using the DBMS_JOB package, which is a scheduler that runs within the Oracle Database - so no need to use NT's AT or Unix's cron.

Simon Hedges
Gloucester
UK

John Chiu <johnymc_at_netscape.com> wrote in message news:37DA2A84.86A5824A_at_netscape.com...
> use database link in your target machine
> create table targettable as
> select * from sourcetable_at_dblink;
>

> John Chiu
> johnc_at_relsol.com
>
> Jason M wrote:
>
> > I have tables on a remote machine that I need to copy into my local
Oracle