ORA-01001 Invalid cursor

From: <qlos_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 1999/09/10

From time to time a receive erorr ORA-01001. It happens when I try to run some Oracle forms.
Here I quote the error desc, taken from Oracle docs:

ORA-01001: invalid cursor
Cause: Either a host language program call specified an invalid cursor or the values of the AREASIZE and MAXOPENCURSORS options in the precompiler command were too small. (...) The Logon Data Area (LDA) must be defined by using OLON or OLOGON. If the LDA is not defined, this message is issued for the following calls: OPEN, COM, CON, ROL, and LOGOFF.

Action: Check the erroneous call statement. Specify a correct LDA area or open the cursor as required. If there is no problem with the cursor, it may be necessary to increase the AREASIZE and MAXOPENCURSORS options before precompiling.

Does the Oracle Developer/2000 use any precompiler ? If does how can I set these options ?
Something like LDA is mentioned else. What is this ? Only thing I found in documentation are open_cursor and sort_are_size parameters set in initxxxx.ora file.

My initxxxx.ora now looks like:

db_files = 120
db_file_multiblock_read_count = 16
db_block_buffers = 550

shared_pool_size = 6000000
log_checkpoint_interval = 10000
processes = 40
dml_locks = 200
log_buffer = 32768
sequence_cache_entries = 30
sequence_cache_hash_buckets = 23
max_dump_file_size = 10240

global_names = TRUE
open_cursors = 200
sort_area_size = 131072

I would appreciate any advice and help !!!

Many thanks,
Qlos

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 00:00:00 CDT