Re: informatio on sys and system tables

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:28:31 GMT

The NUM_ROWS column only gets set when you analyze the table. You do that using the ANALYZE command, like this:

ANALYZE TABLE table_name COMPUTE STATISTICS;

When you analyze a table, Oracle basically reads the table, counts up the rows, and stores that value in NUM_ROWS. The value is not maintained automatically. It's static until you analyze thte table again.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are