Do I need "ORDER BY"

From: Mark Schenkel <markschenkel_at_alpinesoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:32:05 -0400

Will the following two SQL Statements retrieve the same result sets if there is a index on MKEY?:

SELECT * FROM MYTABLE WHERE MKEY >= ' ' SELECT * FROM MYTABLE WHERE MKEY >= ' ' ORDER BY MKEY My thinking is that for the first statement the server will use the index because of the "WHERE" clause. It will then continue to use this index when it returns the records from the server.

Thanks, Mark. Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 10:32:05 CDT