Debuging in Stored-Procedures?

From: Christian Hartmann <c.hartmann_at_tmp-office.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 17:27:22 +0200

Hi there,

we are using Oracle 7/8 Enterprise for Windows NT.

First of all,
am I able to debug stored procedures (functions) by using a breakpoint after starting the procedure
?

I want to transfer some of the client code to the database and I need some debuging, of course. I don't like the idea of checking 6-8 pages of code by my eyes only.

Secondly,
am I able to send a status back to the client, which started the stored-procedure? I want to calc many things and I want the clients to be informed about the progress of the calculation. For example, can I send a status in a while-loop of a stored procedure back to the client?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thx,

Christian Hartmann Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 10:27:22 CDT