Re: How to update multiple rows having WHERE clause?

From: Rob Calfee <trace_at_primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 20:24:13 GMT

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999 20:08:03 GMT, bkrishnaiyer_at_refco.com wrote:

Are you talking about:

Update sometable set col1 = 1, col2= 2 where col3 in ('THIS', 'THAT', 'AND', 'OTHER') or

Update sometable set col1 = 1, col2= 2
where col3 = (select col4 from anothertable)

etc....

hope this helps

Rob Calfee

>Usually one can update single row using UPDATE command in oracle when
>using WHERE clause. I want to know if we can update multiple rows with
>where clause.
>
>Ex: I want to set cololumn1 values of table1 with column1 values of
>table2.
>
>Can somebody please tell me how to do this ?
>
>Thanks,
>Bhagavan.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Rob Calfee
DBA
rcalfee_at_incsystem.com Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 15:24:13 CDT