Re: NLS_LANG on NT

From: <dougcoan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:54:51 GMT

The NLS_LANG registry ky is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\NLS_LANG You can see what NLS language is in your db by the following select * from nls_database_parameters;

Sounds like you either have a corrupt registry or a partially installed oracle client. I would recommend reinstall of the client software or dummping all of the the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ keys from a working machine and applying them to the one not working.

Doug Coan
Senior Client Server Integrator
AEGON USA
dcoan_at_aegonusa.com
"Live to Learn and Learn to Live"

> Hey Guys,
> I am facing a situation here that requires me to know what are
the
> registry settings of Oracle pertaining to NLS which need to exist on a
> 7.3 client to connect to a server . Thank you very much. I am facing
an
> ORA 12705 while trying to connect to any server only from one
particular
> machine and I want to find out what are the NLS parameters that I need
> to set/check/modify to make it work.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 13:54:51 CDT