Re: Can I make oracle case sensitive

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 01:12:24 +1000

Not like that, no. AFAIK.

But if you write your SQL using rabbit's ears (") around the table and column names, they better be in uppercase or nothing done!

Ie, using your example:
select * from "Customers" wouldn't work if the table is called CUSTOMERS. This is the syntax used to give tables and columns names that use funny characters. With the "blah" construct, ORACLE takes the blah thing verbatim. Rather than automatically converting it to u-case.

If I missed something here, please correct me now.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto