Re: long running web app. how to show page while running ?

From: Remco Moolenaar <remco_at_scc.nl>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:47:21 +0200

"Ronald J.H. Rood" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am in the process of making a webbased application that sometimes can
> take quite a time before completing. How can I show the user something
> like 'one moment please' while processing, before the actual results
> show up ?

Use the refresh meta key in HTML:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="1; URL=your.url.pointing.to.your.app">

This will refresh the current page within 1 second.

Thus, your web app will first output a page with this META key and a text like: 'Wait one moment, I'm having thee...........' or something like that.

After one second (or something else) your webapp is called, but in the meantime the first page is still visible.

Neat uh?

> Ronald
> http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html
> The best way to accellerate a computer running
> windows is at 9.8 ms/s^2

ROFL!! Remco.

--

Remco Moolenaar                                   mailto:remco_at_scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/

Amsterdam, The Netherlands Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 08:47:21 CDT