Re: oracle 8i justification

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 07:37:22 +0100

It the argument between 8.0 and 8i, or
between 7.3 and 8i, or between Oracle
and something else ?

If you decide on Oracle 8, it would probably be sensible to go straight into 8i (aka 8.1) since it has far more features appropriate to large databases, and there are a number of physical data storage differences (on the new-feature side) between 8.0 and 8.1

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk