Bug in Oracle 8.0.5 [NT 4] ?

From: Aik Khoon <panadol_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:50:06 +0800

Hi,

Thanks Thomas Kyte for the feedback. But my problem scope is different. It's using SELECT some_clob FOR UPDATE and using LOADFROMFILE through BFILE
(Generate dynamically using DBMS_SQL e.g. create or replace directory
lobmanip as || chr(39)
|| p_dir || chr(39)) to load a data that is smaller that the stored CLOB.

I have a workaround in that I have to explicitly update the CLOB to zero size
before updating the actual data.

Here's another problem :

Let's say I have a file with each line exceeding 2500B of ASCII data. The problem
arise when I tried to use DBMS_LOB package INSTR to look for Line Feed char
(NT4.0)

and then read the line from the database clob using UTL_FILE. But I found out that
there's a limit of 1023 characters to be read per line or less using the File Handler.
Can someone verify or suggest a workaround.

TIA,
Aik Khoon Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 00:50:06 CDT