Re: Middleware --- polling or triggering

From: <steven_ma_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 02:59:27 GMT

Pete,

Thanks for all the info.

However I am still confused. From what I understand, you are talking about Oracle that has 3 products that will talk to MQSeries; Procedural Gateway for MQSeries, Oracle Internet Broker and AQ-MQ Gateway??

Here is what I am trying to do:

I am tryiny to integrate IBM's Net.Commerce to an Oracle ERP application. There's an existing IBM product that will integrate Net.Commerce with MQSeries. Now I am looking for a way to integrate MQ to an Oracle App and its db. Do you know anybody has such product? Or do you think the Oracle Internet Broker, Procedural Gateway for MQ or AQ-MQ Gateway will do the trick?

Steve

In article <37D6CBB3.58871420_at_us.oracle.com>,   Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
> --------------687AB29D1738F4FBB6005D9F
>
> Steve
>
> I'm not sure what Michael is using this for, but the way you use the
> term "real time transaction" makes it sound like you're wondering if
> this is done synchronously. By their very nature, messaging products
> like MQSeries and Oracle/AQ are asynchronous in nature. You can get
> near real-time (a couple of seconds delay maybe) but not real real-
time
> (if that's not confusing).
>
> Oracle and MQSeries can talk through a number of approaches - Oracle
> Internet Broker has just been released to do this, there is an AQ-MQ
> gateway (which is probably what Michael is referring to), or there is
> product from Level8 that can do this as well. Alternatively, if there
> is more complex data transformation that needs to occur, you could use
> TSI's Mercator product or STC's Datagate (I think).
>
> HTH.
>
> Pete
>
> steven_ma_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > When you are using MQ Series and Procedural
> > Gateway for MQSeries, this is a real time
> > transaction, right??
> >
> > Is Procedural Gateway a client of MQSeries?
> > How much is it?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > In article <7qhacj$48r$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > Look at www.quest.com.
> > > They have a product that enable off-line copy
> > of data
> > > between 2 DBs.
> > > I wonder what trigger you are going to use if
> > no DBLINK is
> > > possible between your databases?
> > > I used IBM's MQSeries and Oracle MQ
> > Procedural Gateway to
> > > pass data from one DB to another and back.
> > >
> > > Good luck. Michael.
> > >
> > > In article
> > <7qh35l$tol$1_at_imsp009a.netvigator.com>,

> > refresh the DB.
> > are in
> > on A,
> > table
> > can't be used.

> > periodically do the
> > in A will be

> > comparing this
> > alternatives,

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

> --------------687AB29D1738F4FBB6005D9F
>
> begin:vcard
> n:Sharman;Peter
> tel;cell:+1.650.868.9969
> tel;fax:+1.650.633.1669
> tel;work:+1.650.607.0109
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> url:http://eif.us.oracle.com
> org:Advanced Technology Solutions;Oracle Corporation
> adr:;;500 Oracle Parkway M/S OPL-A4019;Redwood
Shores;California;94065;USA
> version:2.1
> email;internet:psharman_at_us.oracle.com
> title:Managing Principal Consultant
> note;quoted-printable:=0D=0A=0D=0A **** The statements and opinions
expressed here are my **** =0D=0A **** own and do not necessarily

represent those of          **** =0D=0A **** Oracle
Corporation.                                             =20
****=0D=0A=0D=0A"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." =0D=0AKevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook =0D=0A=0D=0A"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" =0D=0ABruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA
> x-mozilla-cpt:;24448
> fn:Pete Sharman
> end:vcard
>
> --------------687AB29D1738F4FBB6005D9F--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 21:59:27 CDT