Re: SQL Trace with Oracle 8

From: Karen Abgarian <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 09:38:50 -0400

Use sql_trace=TRUE, as Bob suggested, or oracle auditing. In any case, you may not want ALL sql statements and you'll want some type of discretion. SQL Tracing facility allows you to get all SQL pertaining to a session
(connection), you can switch it on with ALTER SESSION statement. Auditing allows you to get all SQL for a particular object or type of access. There are also other options that auditing offers. Auditing is usually configured to store results in the database (AUDIT_TRAIL=DB or TRUE in init.ora). It is easier to obtain them with sql against a number of views. If you want them in a file, consider OS auditing (AUDIT_TRAIL=OS).

Regards,
Karen Abgarian.