Re: Long Datatype: How to get anything out???

From: <shmurphy_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 01:45:50 GMT

I'm saving megabytes of info (including RTF) in Oracle 8.0 LONG fields. A LONG field can be inserted or saved into Oracle by using parameters. We use MS Word heavily in our VB app and need a way to store formatted text. You perform a getchunk loop of the data and store it in a string variable. Write an INSERT or UPDATE SQL statement with a question mark as the variable. Write an execution statement with the parameter of your '?' variable as the contents of the original getchunk variable. Wa-la, your formatted document is now in Oracle!

E-mail me at work tomorrow (9/10/99) and I'll e-mail you some sample code if you're interested. shmurphy_at_wfubmc.edu -Murf

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 20:45:50 CDT