oracle 8i justification

From: Naushi Hussain <Naushi.Hussain_at_Alliedsignal.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 16:20:07 -0700

We are developing a web site which will have up to 25 applications and up to 300 gb of data within a year on one server. I am looking to get ORACLE 8i for the purpose. But I need to justify and convince the management that this is the best way to go. Can anyone tell me about the technical features that will help me. I have read the sales pitch on the net. I need some good tech reasons for that. Also, do we get the Enterprize edition along with 8i or do we have to buy it separately. What are my other alternatives besides 8i - i.e. if I just go with Oracle 8. If i do then will I be able to migrate to 8i then.

If you know the cost for 8i I would appreciate a ball park number.

I would really appreciate any suggestions and comments if anyone can help Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 18:20:07 CDT