Re: RMI from Java stored procedures

From: Joe Varghese <NOSPAM_at_NOSPAM.com>
Date: 9 Sep 1999 22:21:50 GMT

In article <m13dwxvw8e.fsf_at_kheldar.evhr.net>, doeni_at_evhr.net says...

>This way is a bit trick.
>Don't forget that RMI is 100% pure java. Unless your C program calls another
>Java program that in turn makes the RMI call.
>
>The simplest solution would probably be to use JDBC with the DBMS_PIPE
>package. The JDBC application receives the message through the pipe, and
> makes the RMI call.

Mayeb I was looking in the wrong place, but I cant seem to find any documentation on the DBMS_PIPE package. Could you send me some pointers (URLs or names of books) where I could read more about it?

Thanks! Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 17:21:50 CDT