Re: Data Warehouse - Upload Time

From: Stephen Flinter <sflinter_at_indigo.ie>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 20:49:01 GMT

Like so many things in life, the answer is it depends... on your hardware (both for the Oracle instance, and more especially the disk set up).

On the last warehouse project I worked on, we were able to upload 50 million rows in <30 minutes. This was running Oracle 7.3.4 on Sequent Symmetry hardware (later upgraded to NUMAQ/2000), using striped EMC disk arrays. All in all _very_ heavy hardware. However, if you have the money to do it, you can certainly get exceptionally impressive upload times. Going from the above figures, getting >1 million rows per minute is definitely possible.

Cheers,

Steve

Nandakumar <N.Kumar_at_rocketmail.com> wrote in article <7r6rn0$9rt$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...