Oracle 8i netasst problems

From: Shad <auto_at_travelware.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 13:58:19 -0600

I've installed the patch and finally got the listener re-linked...But now when I try and run netasst, instead of doing nothing (as it did before the patch) it says:

Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread Could not create Java VM

Does anyone know what causes this? I've searched documentation and the only thing I can find to help this is to install the patch (which I've done). Can someone help?

Also, I've configured the listener but when I start the intelligent agent, it says:

LSNRCTL> dbsnmp_start
LSNRCTL> Certain conflicts were resolved during discovery Please consult /ora/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/network/log/nmiconf.log for det
ails

DBSNMP for Linux: release 8.1.5 - Production on 09-SEP-99 13:55:38 Using oratab file /etc/oratab
Warning : No Listener found for SID ORCL. ORCL will be skipped

yet the listener is up and running fine...any help with that? The intelligent agent is running...but you can't discover it's objects. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 14:58:19 CDT