Re: Cannot log in as SYSDBA or SYSOPER - why?

From: John Haskins <76054.334SPAMBEGONE_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 17:33:17 GMT

Thanks for the input. You might find it interesting to know that Pete Sharman provided a simper solution that also worked. It is:

  1. The ORA-01994 is because the remote_login_paswordfile parameter is either not set or set to SHARED in your init.ora. Change it to EXCLUSIVE, bounce the database, and you should be OK.
  2. The insufficient privileges error means you need to connect as internal to perform the grant.