Re: Context Cartridges

From: ks <ks_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 10:02:17 -0700

Thanks for the response.
Basically the policies are direct data stores of plain ASCII text data with mostly default settings (I added a definition). The indexes are basically the same -- default settings.
I agree with you on the trace files, altho I am sure Oracle support will want to see them :-).
I guess the approach I could take would be to build my own trigger to reindex when an insert, update or delete takes place, because from what I have been told
Context doesn't reindex correctly (or at all) anyhow when it needs to. However, I don't really feel comfortable taking that approach either, because I would rather do the
reindexes in batches to avoid fragmentation.

I'll see what Oracle discovers, and see if I can narrow down a little further when the DML server dies. One thing I do notice, and this could be my problem???, is that
there is a pending reindex in the CTX_ALL_DML_QUEUE. I am not able to clear that out.....but the policies and indexes do exist. Ideas? Thanks again.