Re: Quorum disk

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 08:59:36 -0700

And from memory it's used for the same thing in NT clusters, though there are more restrictions on it there. Putting it simply, a quorum disk is used in clusters to make sure nodes are still alive. It doesn't have to be a particular OS, but rather that a variety of OS's have taken this route. Other OS's use more sophisticated mechanisms.

HTH. Pete