Re: segmentation fault installing 8.0.5 on RedHat Linux 6.0

From: <pascal_revillard_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 09:32:43 GMT

I´ve exactly the same problem on Suse linux 6.2 (there was no segmentation fault on Suse 6.0) ...

In article <37d6a9ba.10604936_at_news.columbia.edu>,   k_a_h_l_i_l_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had problems installing 8.1.5, and since the
general consensus was
> that 8.0.5 is more stable, I tried to install
that on RedHat Linux
> 6.0.
>
> I get mostly through the installation process,
until it has to use
> svrmgrl, lsnrctl, or sqlplus. All three of these
commands result in a
> segmentation fault. However, svrmgrlO and
lsnrctl0 will both work
> fine. I tried copying these files to svrmgrl and
lsnrctl, and the
> installation proceeded with no problem until it
had to use sqlplus,
> which has no sqlplus0 or sqlplusO equivalent.
>
> I'm not sure if it is related, but earlier in
the installation there
> was a message about ULIMIT being set to
unlimited.

> Any info about fixing the segmentation fault
problem is much
> appreciated! Thanks
> -Matt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 04:32:43 CDT