Re: Still need help installing Oracle 8.0.4 on HP-UX v11

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:22:17 +0100

jennetta <jennetta_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7r73to$7g8$1_at_news.duke.edu...
> Here's my problem as far as I can tell.
>
> I've set all the environment parameters. I can execute ORAINST.SH, but
> then I get an error message telling me that my TERM variable is not
> compatible.
> Yet both TERM and ORACLE_TERM = ansi. In conjunction with this error, is
> message
> stating that the Oracle file which holds compatible terminal types (I can
> remember the file name)
> is not found.
>
> Now then, I think that the cause of these problem comes back to the way
the
> CD-ROM drive
> is mounted. I have mounted it in SAM using the only general options
> available.

HP CDROMS must be mounted using pfs_mount - the instructions should be in the cover notes of the CD.

If not here they are :

use vi and add an entry to /etc/pfs_fstab <device_file> <mount_point> <filesystem_type> <translation_method> /dev/dsk/c5t2d0 /SD_CDROM pfs-rrip xlat=unix 0

su root

nohup /usr/sbin/pfs_mountd &

nohup /usr/sbin/pfsd &

/usr/sbin/pfs_mount /SD_CDROM

logout of root

cd /SD_CDROM

ls -al gives lower case listing of files

Alex Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 03:22:17 CDT