Incremental backup with Oracle 8i

From: Joseph Li <lijoecyn_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 00:57:17 -0700

The platform is SUN Sparc Solaris. I am in the process of purchasing an Oracle 8i license. I obtained quotes for both the Enterprise Edition and the Workgroup Edition. The Enterprise Edition has many more features than the Workgroup Edition, one of them is the ability to perform incremental backup. I did not have access to RMAN manuals, I read a book which sort of implies RMAN relies on features of the server. I just want to know for sure whether RMAN is able to perform incremental backup with the Workgroup Edition. If no incremental backup whether RMAN provide comparable features to EBU ie. Hotbackup of database files including the backup of the archived redo logs. Thanks. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 02:57:17 CDT