Re: Still need help installing Oracle 8.0.4 on HP-UX v11

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 06:55:48 +0200

Yes, it probably does all come down on that incorrect mount. Had a similar issue on AIX once, this time the issue being caused by not running a script.
Filenames showed up as you describe and for the rest : no go. Not being able to mount the cd-rom doesn't look to me as an Oracle problem. There seem to be problems on HP-Ux level if you are getting messages about RPC (which on many Unix implementations runs as a separate daemon)

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA