Creating an In-memory Database

From: Kyonghun Jeon <khjeon_at_ktnet.co.kr>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 11:11:07 +0900

I have a table with 230K records.
The size of the table is just 40M bytes. Having a Linux machine with 256M memory, I hope to configure a In-memory Database. How can I make such an in-memory database?

First I increased the db_block_buffers to 51200. My Oracle 8.0.5 is configured to use 2 K block buffer. When I use full table scan query such as   select count(*) from items where name like '%TV%'; It always takes 90 seconds.
It seems that it doesn't use any large buffer advantage.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kyonghun Jeon Received on Wed Sep 08 1999 - 21:11:07 CDT