Re: Advanced Replication of Procedures, Functions, and Packages

From: Chris R. Donnelly <chrisp_at_dmotorworks.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 15:41:20 -0500

It simply won't replicate the procedure on updates. There are no error messages from either Oracle Replication Manager or in the databases' dump directories (i.e., the database jobs are running successfully). The procedure is replicated only when it is first added to the master group and no other time (even if the procedure is later dropped on the non-masterdef server).

// Chris

Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com> wrote in message news:37D597B6.DB1B1496_at_us.oracle.com...
> Chris
>
> Bit difficult to tell what's going wrong from what you've described. Is
there
> an error message you're getting, or is it just not replicating the
procedure?

> Pete
>
> "Chris R. Donnelly" wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have set up multimaster replication between two Oracle 8i databases.
The
> > objects I am replicating between the two masters are a table and a
stored
> > procedure. The table data is replicating normally (i.e., a change on
one
> > database propagates to the other as expected). However, when I make a
> > change to the stored procedure on the masterdef database, it does not
> > replicate the changes in the procedure to the other database, either
> > automatically or by manual execution. I have tried using both
Replication