Re: Middleware --- polling or triggering

From: <steven_ma_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 18:53:55 GMT

Hi Michael,

When you are using MQ Series and Procedural Gateway for MQSeries, this is a real time transaction, right??

Is Procedural Gateway a client of MQSeries? How much is it?

Thanks.

Steve

In article <7qhacj$48r$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Look at www.quest.com.
> They have a product that enable off-line copy
of data
> between 2 DBs.
> I wonder what trigger you are going to use if
no DBLINK is
> possible between your databases?
> I used IBM's MQSeries and Oracle MQ
Procedural Gateway to
> pass data from one DB to another and back.
>
> Good luck. Michael.
>
> In article

<7qh35l$tol$1_at_imsp009a.netvigator.com>,
> "Ken" <kenchowhk_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am studying which way is the best to
refresh the DB.
> > There are two DB and let say A and B, they
are in
> > different machine. When the update is done
on A,
> > then we need to refresh the corresponding
table
> > in B. Now let's assumed that the db_link
can't be used.
> > we are just thinking of two approaches
> >
> > 1. to set the timer in middleware to
periodically do the
> > synchronisation between the two DB.
> > 2. to setup the trigger in DB A, any update
in A will be
> > firing a trigger to update B.
> >
> > Is there any whitepaper or document in
comparing this
> > two approach ? Should you have any other
alternatives,
> > kindly drop a few words also, many thanks.
> >
> > Ken

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 08 1999 - 13:53:55 CDT