general recommendations for setting block size?

From: Richard A Papaj <papaj_at_acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:44:00 -0400

I'm interested in any general recommendations for setting block size. I realize that the optimal value will depend on a number of factors (e.g. transactional vs. warehouse instance) and that a larger value can increase performance. But how high is too high? Just wondering if anyone has developed a "general" rule of thumb for initializing that value based on certain characteristics of instances.

Thanks... Received on Wed Sep 08 1999 - 10:44:00 CDT