Re: v$sess_io

From: Christopher Spence <cspence_at_delphi-tech.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 09:59:47 -0400

If Block gets are the number of blocks read to fill session requests, why is it lower than consistant? I would think it would be equal to consistant or bigger.

How do you read this view for performance? I.e. if x number is higher than x this is a problem.

Is this covered in performance tuning course? I take that one in a couple of weeks.

Oracle ID                      Block Gets       Consistent Gets
Physical Reads Block Changes Consistent Changes
ACEQA                                       909           79,723
8,318                9                0

For example here, Block gets are 909 meaning oracle needed to retrieve 909 blocks (from buffer and directly from disk for fts) to satisfy all the queries. 79,723 blocks where looked at while pending changes? (Thus high level of modifications being made?)

How do you put it all together? the relationship of block gets and consistant gets confuses me how block gets is lower.