Re: purging old data

From: Anurag Minocha <anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 16:13:52 +0530

Thanks for the help.

The problem I am having is that i have to purge data based on a query and truncate doesnt support that hence i will have to delete the records. The reason i am purging the data is because the queries will run faster if there are less number of records , but deleting wont help because oracle will go till the high water mark and then produce the result. How do i use the delete command and make my queries run faster on my tables.

Thanks
Anurag

also reply to
anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com