Re: OCI question: how connect to remote Oracle Server

From: Kelly Burkhart <kburk_at_sky.net>
Date: 07 Sep 1999 22:13:18 -0500

leirace_at_my-deja.com writes:

> HI all
> I use OCI 8.0 in my project.
> when create a session, I use OCI_ATTR_USERNAME and OCI_ATTR_PASSWORD
> for authentication. But I can't find a attributes like
> "OCI_ATTR_CONNECTSTR", SO, I don't now how connect to a remote Oracle8.
>
> leirace

You can create a server handle and attach to a server with OCIServerAttach. My dbc library does this; you can download for an example (~85K download).

http://www.sky.net/~kburk/libdbc/libdbc.html

--
Kelly R. Burkhart
kburk_at_sky.net

MIDL error 0xc0000005: unexpected compiler problem. Try to find a work around.