Re: cost based optimization-Reposted

From: Anton Kanafene <innsmouth_at_nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 01:32:27 GMT

On Tue, 07 Sep 1999 14:43:49 +0530, Anurag Minocha <anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>Nobody replied to my query , so again i am posting it. Matbe this time
>somebody will help me out.
>
>Thanks
>Anurag
>
>Anurag Minocha wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am a little confused about Cost Based Optimization.Please help me out.
>>
>> 1.Does the cost based optimization work on those sql queries which dont
>> have hints specified in them.?
>>
>> 2. How frequently should the tables be analysed.
>>
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>> anurag
>>
>> also reply to
>> anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com

I will help you out :-)
1) Yes, cost based opt. works on queries without hints. 2) It depends on your data. If it changes often then run analyze often. If you have large tables then you can run analyze using estimate key word - it will analyze only a specified portion of your data.

I hope that helps. Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 20:32:27 CDT