Problem with database link

From: ahsanudm <mdahsan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:06:29 -0500

Helllo everyone..
Version : Oracle 8.0.3 on Windows NT 4

I am trying to create a private database link with the following statement CREATE DATABASE LINK abcd
CONNECT TO 'username' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' USING 'abcd';

I have a service name called 'abcd' too..but when I try to access a table through the database link I get a 12154 error ..i.e ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name.

However I am able to connect to this service from SQL PLUS directly.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here..Is there any Init parameter which I have to set before using database links..

Any help will be highly appreciated...

Thanks
Ahsan Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 16:06:29 CDT