Can I "Compress" a tablespace?

From: Bob <meyer_b_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 20:03:47 GMT

I'm looking at a tablespace that was apparantly allocated with no maxsize parameter. Because of an error in a script that imported data into a table, the tablespace has now filled up the entire disk (I know, someone should have been monitoring it. But I just got involved last week, so its not my fault <g>).

Anyway, we've dropeed and recreated, correctly, the offending table, and corrected the script. Now comes the real question: Is it possible to reduce the physical size of the tablespace, so that we might fit something else on the same disk?

This is a Solaris environment, if that makes any difference.

Thanks a bunch,

--
Bob M.

Step outside. The graphics are AMAZING!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 15:03:47 CDT