Re: Database not started on Oracle 8

From: Stéphane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 20:38:29 -0700

Sergey Kaplun wrote:

> In article <37D4EC6B.36B66351_at_ricard.fr>,
> jean-francois giudicelli <jf-giudicelli_at_ricard.fr> wrote:
> > After a reboot on AIX instance dont start:
> > this the message :
> > exec(): 0509-036 Impossible de charger le programme svrmgrl en raison
> > Any idea ?
> >
> You should run rootpre.sh before starting Oracle.
> Be sure that AIO has been configured (smit->Devices->AIO) and
> kernel extension is loaded (you should look at /etc/inittab).

I have no experience of such errors under AIX but I have seen strange errors with svrmgrl under DEC/Unix; the reason was that an optional software development package had not been installed; if this is not the reason, the dynamic linker may have trouble locating some shared libraries (encountered with Solaris), so check LD_LIBRARY_PATH and similar environment variables.
--
Regards,

  Stéphane Faroult
  Oriole Corporation