Re: questions about oracle on linux

From: Steven Wu <fgsteven_at_163.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 16:13:33 GMT

Kelly,

sombody here tell me, 8i have a lot of bugs. i want to know what about 8.05? is it good & stable?

and, i'm downloading 8.05 on
ftp://ftp.oracle.com/pub/www/otn/linux/Oracle8051EE_Intel.tgz, it's very slow and hard to login, is there any mirror for this file?

thank you.

--
steven
fgsteven_at_163.net

In article <m3emgdf83p.fsf_at_speedy.sky.net>,   Kelly Burkhart <kburk_at_sky.net> wrote:
> Steven Wu <fgsteven_at_163.net> writes:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > i got a oracle 8i for linux from www.oracle.com, i want to know if
this
> > production is really free, is there any limits?
>
> It is free for development or evaluation. You may not use it in a
production

> environment.
> >

> > and, another question, 8i ask for a glibc 2.1, is it true? my
system
> > is slackware 4.0 with glibc 2.0.7, is there any problem? if true,
what
> > do i do?
> >
> You could try to upgrade to glibc 2.1. I havn't moved off of 8.0.5
> for this reason. I have several packages I use which don't work well
> with glibc 2.1 yet.
>
> Can you still get 8.0.5 from technet? Perhaps
> your best bet is to use the older release.
>
> --
> Kelly R. Burkhart
> kburk_at_sky.net
>
> [The litigation] industry was, of course, up and running before the
> tobacco litigation, but that taught lawyers just how lucrative it
> could be to blame individuals' foolishness on, say, Joe Camel.
> -- George F. Will

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 11:13:33 CDT