Re: SQL*Net Question

From: Andrew Protasov <a_protasov_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 13:55:48 GMT

Hi Andrew,

SQLNet opens random port for communication in some range. You should analyze network traffic during connection and cut port number from it. This number is sent from server to client during connection.

Andrew Protasov

In article <7qvgfk$eet_at_dfw-ixnews19.ix.netcom.com>,   "Andrew Melikov" <amelikov_at_cami.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am writing a network forwarder that supposed to
> enable access to oracle server from one net to another.
>
> Looks like simple packets forwarding addressed to port 1521
> doesn't do the job.
>
> Does anyone know what ports SQLnet uses to communicate?
> In my case -- a box is listening on 1521 port. The connection
> request comes in -- it opens another socket to 1521 on a real
> (the target) machine and begins crossforwading.
>
> Now, I open up SQL*plus and at the same time monitoring the
> forwarder -- connection happens (for a few seconds) and then
> the server drops it (closes the port) and SQL*Plus displays an
> error (connection was unexpectedly lost).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
> Andrew Melikov
> amelikov_at_cami.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 08:55:48 CDT