Re: OAS 4.0.7/Oracle 8i/Sol 2.7 connectivity problems

From: oracle web user <dba_at_iscs-i.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 10:39:29 -0400

bowo wrote:
Hi Henry,

Thanks a lot for fast response. Now I got another story. I added patches from SUN i beleive all patches available. And now after installation (after oasroot.sh) i got no error message like it was (bus error). When i

Hmmm...O/S questions. The oracle doc said somewhere what the minimum patches required were.
I just don't remember them saying this for 2.7 yet, probably just 2.6.
started owsctl start -nodemgr & ok, but when I did owsctl start &, take so much time for wait orb to be ready... very very long so I decided to restart the server.

Do I need to add something for this OS ?

The recommended patch set and anything else that oracle recommends would probably be sufficient.

BTW, I did succeed in installing all the samples. Here's my output from the browser:

nstalling : DOC
Installing : IMG
Installing : PLSQL
Installing PLSQL for : PLSQL from /home/oraows/ows/4.0/../cartx/plsql/samples
PLSQL : Connected as user sys@finance
PLSQL : compiling layout
PLSQL : compiling schema
PLSQL : compiling calendar
PLSQL : compiling cookies
PLSQL : compiling datelist
PLSQL : compiling formdata
PLSQL : compiling generic
PLSQL : compiling helloworld
PLSQL : compiling image
PLSQL : compiling ioptlock
PLSQL : compiling listquery
PLSQL : compiling paging
PLSQL : compiling positional
PLSQL : compiling tablequery
PLSQL : compiling lovsample
PLSQL : compiling content
Registering PLSQL : OWS-09100: Completed
PLSQL : Installed

Installing : JWEB
Installing PLSQL for : JWEB from /home/oraows/ows/4.0/../cartx/jweb/samples
JWEB : Connected as user sys@finance
JWEB : compiling schema
JWEB : compiling HelloWorldX
JWEB : compiling Employee
Registering JWEB : OWS-09100: Completed
JWEB : Installed

Installing : LIVEHTML
Registering LIVEHTML : OWS-09100: Completed
LIVEHTML : Installed

Installing : CWEB
Registering CWEB : OWS-09100: Completed
CWEB : Installed

Installing : JCO
Installing PLSQL for : JCO from /home/oraows/ows/4.0/../jco/samples/install
JCO : Connected as user sys@finance
JCO : compiling codelib Exception in :drop sequence lbSEQ java.sql.SQLException: ORA-02289: sequence does not exist Exception in :drop
table lbLang java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist Exception in :drop table lbDATA java.sql.SQLException:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
JCO : beginning server compilation
Install JCO : installing /home/oraows/ows/4.0/../jco/samples/install/Calculator.jar
Compiling JCO : Calculator.jar
Registering /home/oraows/ows/4.0/../jco/apps/server/Calculator/Calculator.app : OWS-09100: Completed
Install JCO : installing /home/oraows/ows/4.0/../jco/samples/install/jcoSql.jar
Compiling JCO : jcoSql.jar
Registering /home/oraows/ows/4.0/../jco/apps/server/jcoSql/jcoSql.app : OWS-09100: Completed
JCO : server components compiled
JCO : Installed

Installing : MIDE
Installing PLSQL for : MIDE from /home/oraows/ows/4.0/cartx/mide/install
MIDE : Connected as user sys@finance
MIDE : compiling jmide
MIDE : compiling smide
MIDE : compiling pmide
MIDE : compiling tablewizard
installPLSQL : granted system (create procedure) privilege to sys
Registering PMIDE : OWS-09100: Completed
Registering JMIDE : OWS-09100: Completed
Registering JMIDERUN : OWS-09100: Completed
Registering SMIDE : OWS-09100: Completed
MIDE : Installed

Henry

oracle web user wrote:
bowo wrote:
Hi Henry,

How you managed installing OAS 4.0.7 ?

Hi Bowo,

Thomas was very helpful in pointing out svrmgrl. I noted my error in the tnsnames.ora file.
I suspect that the installer created the service name with the same value as that of the
SID for that descriptor. This was quickly fixed and connectivity was achieved. Then I went
back and recreated all my DADs with the connect string with no problems. Then I went
back to OAS utilities and started to try the PLSQL toolkit install. This could not be
done with either the SID or the connect string. As the SID input text box comes up with
a %s in it and none of the other boxes do I suspect there is something broken with the
form and bad data is passed to the underlying cgi which prevents it from installing the
toolkit. Incidentally the 3 other installs worked, (logger, log analyzer, db browser).

However, all is not lost. Examining the html we see that the boot binary is the cgi. This
executable lives in OAS/ows/4.0/admin/cgi and has a help option (-h). Once you see this
you can easily manually run it and install the PLSQL toolkit:

./boot -remote PLSQL_RUNTIME 8i_home myconnectstring sys mypwd mypwd

I have a strange problem on OAS 4.0.7. First I installed OAS on Ultra 1,
solaris 7.0 everything works fine except I cannot installed java sample. I
I haven't gotten there yet but if you send me your results/errors I might be able
to get beyond this as I did above.
beleive this is due to lact of RAM, I only have 320MRAM. I installed oracle
8i as well on the same machine. OAS can connect to database with connect
string.

When I changed the machine into Ultra 5 Solaris 7, installasion oracle 8i
works fine but OAS at the end I got bus error on unix prompt ? What exactly

This is not clear. Are you saying the shell you were using gives you a bus error
on every command you enter or that the OAS installation which should have
ended in root.sh being run blew up with a bus error?
the problem ?? I have installed on OFA based file system, different user and
home directory between oracle8i and oas so there is no mixing directory,
both are totally seperate.
Didn't do OFA for either.

Cheers,
Henry Katz