ORACLE STANDBY DATABASE - Please HELP !!!

From: Thusha <thusha_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 00:11:53 +1000

Hi

Could someone please tell me how does the Oracle Standby Database Internally works ? During a primary database failure, how does Oracle actually connect to Oracles Standby Database ? Does it change the local transaction syntax to make it work like a distributed transaction ?

I am doing a research for my studies regarding Oracles Standby Database. So I would like to know how does it happen. Because I couldn't find any article which describes about how does it work INTERNALLY.

Thank you very much in advance.

Thusha Received on Mon Sep 06 1999 - 09:11:53 CDT