Oracle extproc not working the 1st time

From: eva <elopez_at_ste.es>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 15:56:07 +0200

Hello,

I'm using Oracle 8.0.5 under Windows NT. I've configured TNSNAMES.ORA and LISTENER.ORA for the extproc. It works fine, just a problem.

I open a SQL*Plus session and execute
a external procedure. After waiting for some seconds it spans and error that it can't open an RPC connection to external procedure agent. That's ORA-28575 , and is the same error you get when you don't have tnsnames.ora and listener.ora well configured.

The good thing is: if you execute the same external procedure again a second time it works!.

Anybody knows about this error?

How can i trace this?

I think it has to be a timeout problem with the process that is started for every new session to serve external procedures.

Thank you very much

Ferran Foz Received on Mon Sep 06 1999 - 08:56:07 CDT