Re: Incorrect PLS-00404

From: Roy Brokvam <roy.brokvam_at_conax.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 15:52:07 +0200

Thomas Kyte wrote in message ...
>A copy of this was sent to "Roy Brokvam" <roy.brokvam_at_conax.com>
>(if that email address didn't require changing)
>On Mon, 6 Sep 1999 14:26:17 +0200, you wrote:

[snip]

>> 2 CURSOR cur ( p_id NUMBER ) IS
>> 3 SELECT id,data
>> 4 FROM tab
>> 5 FOR UPDATE
> of data
>

>it (plsql) was looking for the OF columnname in addition to the for update

[snip]

But if I leave out NOWAIT, I may use FOR UPDATE without column specifiers! Weird!!!

--
Roy Brokvam

Theory is when you know why it doesn't work. Practice is when it works, but you don't know why. We combine theory and practice;
It doesn't work, and we don't know why. Received on Mon Sep 06 1999 - 08:52:07 CDT