ORA-01001 Invalid Cursor

From: <tariks_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 10:56:10 GMT

Oracle 8.0.5.0.0

Hi

I'm trying to execute a stored procedure in a package body to return a set of records to a client. The syntax of the procedure is based on a tried and trusted framework of using a cursor variable to load the selected records into.

Although the procedure compiles correctly, as soon as I try and run it I get the ORA-01001 invalid cursor message at the line that attempts the first FETCH into the cursor. The Oracle documentation suggests that I need to increase something called MAXOPENCURSORS or AREASIZE, but doesn't tell me where or how to do this! So how do I go about this?

As I only have a single cursor open I find this message a little dubious and my hunch would be there's something in the setup of the database that's not quite right, but what and where I couldn't say (not being a DBA).

Any help with this gratefully received!

Tarik Sadat
Applied Materials,
Horsham, UK.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 06 1999 - 05:56:10 CDT