Help with Virgin RAID system

From: Darren John Capper <darren.capper_at_preci-spark.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 09:47:32 +0100

Oracle Guru's,

My company has just purchased a Sun Enterprise server along with a RAID array (RAID 5 I think). It's going to be about two months before I get my hands on it and I was wondering how RAID will affect my Oracle setup. Do I need to be concerned with which disk a particular table is on or will RAID stripe it anyway?

Any comments or pointers in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Darren Received on Mon Sep 06 1999 - 03:47:32 CDT