Re: FK Constraint for 2 tables with many-many relationship ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 06:50:49 +0200

The 'official' way is to have a so-called mapping or junction table between those two tables
like this
table a(m) junction(m,n) table b(n) where m and n are the primary keys and the combination m,n is a primary key in junction, with foreign keys to the junction table. No need to write triggers.
A case tool would have created such a table automatically.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA