Re: questions about oracle on linux

From: Kelly Burkhart <kburk_at_sky.net>
Date: 05 Sep 1999 14:53:30 -0500

Steven Wu <fgsteven_at_163.net> writes:

> hi,
>
> i got a oracle 8i for linux from www.oracle.com, i want to know if this
> production is really free, is there any limits?

It is free for development or evaluation. You may not use it in a production

environment.

> and, another question, 8i ask for a glibc 2.1, is it true? my system
> is slackware 4.0 with glibc 2.0.7, is there any problem? if true, what
> do i do?

You could try to upgrade to glibc 2.1. I havn't moved off of 8.0.5 for this reason. I have several packages I use which don't work well with glibc 2.1 yet.

Can you still get 8.0.5 from technet? Perhaps your best bet is to use the older release.

--
Kelly R. Burkhart
kburk_at_sky.net

[The litigation] industry was, of course, up and running before the tobacco litigation, but that taught lawyers just how lucrative it could be to blame individuals' foolishness on, say, Joe Camel.