UTL_FILE problem

From: Bob <meyer_b_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 17:16:45 GMT

Hi all:

I'm trying to use UTL_FILE (for the first time ever), to write a file on an NT Server. Whenever I try to run it, I get a UTL_FILE.INVALID_PATH exception.

I've modified initorcl.ora to include UTL_FILE_DIR = * (for testing--initially I had it limited to one specific directory) and I've stopped and restarted ORCL. Actually, I've rebooted the server just to be sure. I'm running the script on on the server, too.

Here's my code:

DECLARE

   v_filename          VARCHAR2(12)    := 'TEST.MAIL';
   v_file_loc          VARCHAR2(40)    := 'C:\';
   v_file_mode         VARCHAR2(1)     := 'A';
   v_file_handle       UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;

BEGIN

   v_file_handle := UTL_FILE.FOPEN (v_file_loc,
                                    v_filename,
                                    v_file_mode);

(I've also tried directories other than the root.) Does anyone have any clues about what I might be doing wrong?

Thank, very much, in advance.

Bob
--
Bob M.

Step outside. The graphics are AMAZING!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Sep 05 1999 - 12:16:45 CDT